Re: Kernel Images 5.9.x becoming to large for QNAP TS219

Hi!

* Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <alexander@alphamar.org> [201129 14:38]:
>> flash-kernel: installing version 5.9.0-0.bpo.2-marvell
>> Not enough space for kernel in MTD 'Kernel' (need 2327672 but is
>> actually 2097152).
> COMPRESS=xz  see:
> https://cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-219/troubleshooting/#ramdisk-space

Been there, tried that, got no shirt: That only changes the compression
for the initrd, while I'm already stuck with to large kernel image.

But indeed, the initrd is now quite smaller, than before, but problem
seems to be the kernel image itselve:

alex@rusalka:~$ ls -l /boot/vmlinuz-5.9.0-0.bpo.2-marvell
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2327672 Nov 19 21:40 /boot/vmlinuz-5.9.0-0.bpo.2-marvell

> But maybe better to use the kernel from stable?

Would be my plan b, but not the prefered solution as I need would like
to continue a newer usb device on that system.

Anyway, should I open a bug for the release notes, to document that
next stable won't support certain devices anymore out of the box?

Best regards,
  Alexander