Re: Re: NextThing C.H.I.P. v1.0 - Debian Stretch Installer from USB

On 2020-05-26, Pablo Rath wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 09:31:33AM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
>> Le jeudi 21 mai 2020 à 12:25 +0200, Pablo Rath a écrit :
>> > On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 03:57:52PM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
>> > Is there a reason to prefer Stretch over Buster?
>>
>> I didn't even dream of Buster, but the more fresher the better !
>
> Then let us aim for Buster.
>
> [...]
>
>> > 2.) If you want vanilla Debian I am willing to help you.
>> > Most of what I know and did is summarized in this thread:
>> > https://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2017-August/014646.html
>
> I have made major progress yesterday and managed to install mainline
> U-Boot to CHIPs builtin NAND so all quirks concerning the boot process
> mentioned in this thread are no longer relevant.

How did you flash it?

Is there anything needed different from what's in the packaged in
u-boot-sunxi? Did you need any patches or configuration changes?

I've considered dropping it from u-boot-sunxi's debian package as it
seemed there wasn't much of a future for the platform and it only worked
with sunxi-fel, but sounds like I should instead take a look at it
again.

live well,
  vagrant