Re: cyrus-imapd: FTBFS on arm*, i386, mipsel, ppc64el and s390x

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 01:04:06AM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 5/12/20 1:01 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > On 5/11/20 11:56 PM, Xavier wrote:
> >> Could someone help us here ? I forwarded this bug to upstream ([1]) but
> >> didn't receive any response for now.
> >>
> >> (Cc to RFH bug)
> >
> > The problem here is va_list. On some architectures, the calling convention
> > doesn't seem to allow comparing va_list against NULL due to the way va_list
> > is implemented on a particular architecture.
> Correction: The va_list problem seems to affect ARM architectures only

According to the standard va_list is a complete object type.  There is
therefore no guarantee it can be compared to NULL and it is only by
accident (implementation detail) that is possible to do so on some
architectures.

Cheers,
Michael.