Re: Selecting compatible Raspberry Pi components

I was talking about the original official 7 inch display from Raspberry Pi:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-touch-display/

I have one, the resolution's not wonderful (800 x 480) but it just
works.  I changed from Stretch to Buster (Raspbian) with a blank SD,
the display works without doing anything extra.  The touchscreen is a
capacitive or resistive matrix on the screen feeding an A/D converter
and it works: where you touch the screen is the same as a mouse click
there.  Not sure about HDMI ones.  This uses the DSI connector on the
board, doesn't involve the GPIO or HDMI at all.  They power it from 2
pins on the GPIO but you can change that, it just needs 5 volts.  Or
use that connection as the 5 volt input to the Pi and display both and
bypass the silly microusb.

BTW to emulate a Blackberry a Raspberry Pi ZeroW might be adequate.
It's single core so slower but much lower power.  They have been run
on a single lithium cell but they complain about low voltage I think.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-zero-w/  There's no
DSI connector though.

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX