Debain on a Buffalo TeraStation Live (HS-DHTGL/R5)

Hello,

During these days of isolation I reanimated my old TeraStation Live
(HS-DHTGL/R5), equipped it with some new disks and installed the latest
official firmware (2.14). This firmware is based on a quiet old Linux
kernel:
  #uname -a
  Linux TS-LIVE 2.6.16.16-arm1 #9 Fri Aug 31 13:42:57 JST 2007 armv5tejl
unknown

So I decided to look for something newer. Is it possible to install and
run a recent version of Debian on this Marvell Orion based NAS?

Kind regards,
Gilles