Re: Raspberry Pi

	Hi.

On Mon, Mar 02, 2020 at 09:01:48AM -0500, Alan Corey wrote:
> Yes, the Pinebook Pro has a T860 Mali which supposedly
> is compatible with Vulkan. https://www.pine64.org/pinebook-pro/

If we're talking about Mesa's implementation, you'll need recently
released Mesa 20.0, and it's not quite there yet.
I see little point in discussing non-free blobs of questionable quality.

> I've been trying to find something to learn Vulkan on, I can't quite
> do it on an RPI 3B,

Consider using vc4 instead of Broadcom blob, for starters.
And no, it's not Mali, it's VideoCore.
A hint - it involves removing that /opt/vc for good.

> Rock64,

Fresh mesa required.

> or Odroid N2

Has very basic DRI support as of Mesa 20.0 and no free OpenGL/GLES
implementation at all.

> I would consider a limit a defect if there's no way to disable it for
> benchmarking purposes,

Glxgears is an old and somewhat obsolete benchmark.
Try using glmark instead.

Reco