Re: Raspberry Pi

I was running a 64 bit Buster in 2018 from somebody's debootstrap
script.  Fairly stable for a year or so until I got rid of it.  It was
what I'd call "smooth", but 64 bit isn't faster than 32 for the most
part.  Everything's twice as big and a Pi 3B can only have 1 GB of RAM
by the design of the SOC so you go into swap more easily, which
crawls.  There's some current version that (I read somewhere) has the
OS at 64 bits but the userland is 32 bit.  They did it I think because
a couple of programs (You Tube is one) they only had a 32-bit blob for
so all the userland stuff is 32 bit.

I finally switched back to Raspbian because I missed the Pi-specific
stuff like vc4 and camera support, still using it.  So I have 3
superior machines but I spend  most of my time on a Pi 3B, just
upgraded to Buster a couple months ago.

I set them to boot to a command line on purpose, then I type startx.
You can set that easily with raspi-config.  Once in a while I play
with Wayland instead of x.

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX