Re: Build Kernel 5.5 RC3 for Raspberry4

Just took a look at the bootlog there,  those GPIO failures arnt
clever,  missing firmware I would take a wild guess that things in the
latest kernel tree has changed I did also see an article about newer
support for the Pi 4 in the latest kernel ( cant remember if its 5.4
or 5.5 ).  Do you use 'make menuconfig'?.  the size difference you
mention with those errors do point to you not enabling the needful

Looks like 4.19 has been the latest for along time,  I would diff your
5.5 config with the 4.19 and see what you have missing / what has
moved / changed.  A quick google does not yield much so you could be
very much on your own / pioneering this one.

Hopefully helpful links

Someone to perhaps reach out to for info,
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/raspberry-pi-4-5-4-1-kernel/114273

5.5 Graphics / better support by all accounts,

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-55-features&num=1
https://www.linux-arm.info/index.php/1537-linux-5-5-lands-broadcom-bcm2711-raspberry-pi-4-bits

again hope this helps

Nige

--
“Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition.”

                           Alan Turing