Re: making debs for u-boot kernels

On Saturday 27 July 2019 15:56:54 Reco wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 03:51:06PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Second, some wishlist bugreports are in order. It's not an
> > > installation that took the most of the effort, it's the camera
> > > that's attached to the said RPi3.
> >
> > That install nomograph says to disconnect ALL that stuff. ;-)
>
> An exaggeration. My installation was successful with the following
> devices attached to the board:
>
> USB keyboard
> HDMI-to-VGA adapter
> Raspberry Pi Camera
> Ethernet cable

my keyboard and mouse are wireless, its hdmi all the way to the monitor,
and the ethernet was plugged in. But no camera, usb or special pi
camera.

> I was too lazy to dig out that USB TTL cable for the true console, but
> I suppose that it won't interfere either.
>
> Reco

But I'm now missing bklid, and neither apt nor synaptic can find it to
install it. That, and a whole restaraunt sized menu of dpkg stuff for
building packages is on the missing list.  Grrrrr. The user can't even
look at dmseg!  How dumb is that?

Thanks Reco.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)