Re: ARMEL in Buster CPU_Tag, instruction set

On 7/26/19 12:29 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> The raise to ARMv5T was necessary to keep armel supported. It wouldn't have been
> possible to keep the port if had let it at ARMv4T.
>
> Adrian

That's an understandable choice path.

In my case, which is not atypical, I have an old board, I need software for that old
board.  When I go to a newer CPU using hardware design, I will skip all the way to arm64.
 But until then, I have to support the old board.  "Kind of old" support is of no value to
me since the old board's CPU is a done deal (for the time being).  That was the other
choice path, which as you say would have meant dropping some packages.  It goes without
saying that I don't need all the packages.

So if I use Debian for this old board, as opposed to what I am using now, it must be stretch.