Re: making debs for u-boot kernels

> The u-boot protocol assumes some of the files you see here:
[...]
> Are located at fixed offsets from the disks LSN0.

I don't were you got that idea.  Or maybe you're using a non-mainline U-Boot.
The mainline U-Boot I'm using on my Banana-Pis can find the files it
needs (including boot.scr) in the "normal way" (it knows the partition
table and ext2 formats).

The only "located at fixed offsets" constraints is on the location of
U-Boot itself, which I installed once and for all on the SD card via `dd`.

>> See the /boot/GNUmakefile I use to help me do that, below
> I have no such file as can be see above,

Of course not, I wrote it for my own use.

> make -f GNUMakefile

No need for the extra arguments, GNU Make automatically looks for
`GNUmakefile` before looking for `Makefile` and `makefile`.

        Stefan