state of d on armhf.

Hi

A couple of months ago the default d compiler on armhf was changed from ldc to gdc, the changelog entry was simply "Update list of default compilers for supported architectures (Closes: #939375)" and bug 939375 makes no mention of armhf.

Unfortunately a number of packages have failed to make the transition.

appstream-generator: "Error /usr/share/gir-1.0/GObject-2.0.gir(48): Unexpected tag: function-macro in GirPackage: gobject" https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=942379

diet-ng: "gdc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-main’; did you mean ‘-Wmain’?" no bug currently

glib-d: duplicate symbols, no bug currently.

gtk-d: duplicate symbols https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=942607

lix: explicitly depends on ldc rather than using the default d compiler, doesn't seem to depend on any d libs, so this may not actually be a problem per-se.

onedrive: explicitly depends on ldc rather than using the default d compiler, doesn't seem to depend on any d libs, so this may not actually be a problem per-se.

tilix: blocked by gtk-d

This leaves me with two questions.

1. Why was the default D compiler on armhf changed?

2. Where do we go from here to restore things to a sane state? (i.e. a state where all d packages in testing can be succesfully rebuilt in testing)

Note: I am the maintainer of a derivative and an arm porter, but I don't have any particular knowledge or interest in d.