Re: armel-specific Rust build failure: atomic builtins clashing

Hi Adrian,

thanks for your quick reply!

>> Do you have any suggestion about how to tackle this issue in Debian? It
>> is obviously going to prevent a testing transition and I'd be happy to
>> help out with it any way I can.
>
> Just remove the extra definition of the atomic stuff for arm in Suricata.

Hmm. I don't see any explicit definition of, say, __sync_fetch_and_add
in Suricata code. It is used in a wrapper somewhere, but not defined :/
In the case of the problematic __sync_val_compare_and_swap_4, for
example, it is never seen in the Suricata code at all.

I think the clashing symbols might be emitted indirectly by the Rust
compiler in libsuricata.a (as libsuricata.a is just the artifact for the
part of Suricata written in Rust) and will only cause a clash when
trying to link the Rust code with the rest of the Suricata C code (as
libgcc provides these as well).

Maybe I am overlooking something...? Any hints much appreciated.

Thanks again
Sascha