Re: Kernel quirks on QNAP TS-109 (Marvell orion)

Copying the relevant Debian bug (#933294).

* Matthieu CERDA <kegeruneku+debianarm@ironflake.org> [2019-08-04 15:42]:
> In dmesg during boot, which I suspect means that something is wrong in
> GPIO / PIC communication.
>
> I tried to replicate the  way Linux shuts the NAS down (send 'A' over
> ttyS1,19200n8) and nothing happened, neigher shutdown or line echo.
>
> Are there known ways for the PIC access to be broken, is this specific
> to my NAS (but QTS seems to work fine with it) or maybe a regression
> specific to TS-X09 ?

I believe your analysis is correct.  This sounds very similar to what
I saw on a TS-x09 in the past.

I fetched my TS-109 from the attic and will try to see if I see the
same issue.

--
Martin Michlmayr
https://www.cyrius.com/