ARMEL in Buster CPU_Tag, instruction set

Guys,

The website says that you are supporting 4T in the ARMEL repo:

See the first sentence of this page:

	https://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort

On that basis I invested a lot of time getting a kernel ready and scripts and C/C++
development system ready, then I got body slammed after all that time when I learned that
the minimum arm machine required for ARMEL BUSTER is 5T, not 4T.  At least this was the
case for busybox-static and also systemd.  I could not boot into userspace.

$ readelf -a busybox | grep Tag_CPU

This shows that this particular binary is not 4T compatible.  And I must say, this is a
huge disappointment for me, given the time I have spent on it.  Because I am supporting
multiple machines, 5 debian architectures in total, each with rootfs, custom kernels, and
customer C/C++ toolkits, this was all hoping to come together on a common Debian version
named buster.

It seems that the last support of 4T for ARMEL was Stretch.  But I cannot dovetail all
these C/C++ toolkits using different versions of the tools.  I did this using multi-arch
in a Docker container based on buster for all archs.

If this was an oversight, please consider rebuilding these packages using the corrected
compiler options.  Or at least fix the website so somebody else does not lose so much time.

In either case a policy statement seems to be needed.  Was this an oops or was it
deliberate?  (Why deliberately make an architecture which is attempting to support old ARM
CPUs NOT support old ARM CPUs?)

Thanks,

Dick Hollenbeck
CTO SoftPLC Corporation