Re: loss of synaptic due to wayland

On Monday 08 July 2019 08:35:34 Paul Wise wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 8:29 PM Gene Heskett wrote:
> > What are we supposed to do when the default install uses wayland?
>
> The XWayland folks plan to allow X11 apps to run as root, which will
> make synaptic work when run under X11. Also, synaptic needs to be
> split up into user and root components for it to work under Wayland
> proper or current XWayland. Until either one of these happens, you can
> login using Xorg instead of Wayland. The gdm login manager has an
> option for this and other ones should too.

Unforch, this is an automatic login of the user pi, so I never see the
gdm login. So how do I cancel that and return to a normal login?

But that exposes another problem. That login is before x is started, so
No ssh until I do get to its own keyboard and login.

Thanks Paul.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis