Re: loss of synaptic due to wayland

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> yes it was, and no solution was offered that I read about. And no,
> aptitude is not a replacement.

 used it once or twice, wasn't impressed, returned to apt-get and
apt-cache search, which work extremely well, and have done since
debian began.

 never had *any* problems - at all -  that weren't caused by doing
something incredibly stupid such as "ctrl-c" in the middle of an
installation (at the point where dpkg is being called), and even then,
apt-get -f install in almost 100% of cases fixed the "problem that i
had myself caused".

 really: if you ask me, relying on GUIs for something as
mission-critical as installation of packages is asking for trouble.

 l.