Assorted arm-buster problems #1

Regardless of what I do, I cannot get rid of the avahi junk in an ip a
report, so my local 192.168.xx.nn/24 net is the only thing that works.
pinging a net name like yahoo.com gets me a successful address. But no
response from yahoo because its sending the ping from an avahi based
address, which since thats outside of my /24 netmask, doesn't get thru
the router.

So, how do I get rid of the avahi stuff?

I've a nominally 10 machine 192.168.nn.xx that is 100% static based on
host files so I want avahi absolutely and totally neutered, emasculated,
gone Forever plus 100 years at least.

How can I do that?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett