Re: Hostname v buster

Absolutely. Or maybe curl.  If you can get the file's URL, and if the
site you're downloading from will let you, some won't.  Usually you
can right-click on a link and do "copy link location" then type
wget <paste>

You can also start the download (or on a failed one), go to tools ->
downloads, right-click on the file in there and do copy link location.

In the past years few some sites won't let you do this because it
somehow knows it's not your browser anymore.  Then you're doomed to
download with Firefox.  I used to do this on dialup at 10 MB/hour at
best.

I'd make a file where I wanted the download called url.txt (they come
in handy later too sometimes) with just the url in it.  Then call wget
from a script that loops until it's done.  I call this getit, chmod +x
so it's executable, and keep it in the path like /usr/local/bin

-------
#!/bin/sh
# Wget gives up on being unable to resolve a host and quits returning an
# error.  This retries until no error is returned.

# Problem is:
# 416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable
# The file is already fully retrieved; nothing to do.
# also returns non-zero so it gets into a loop sometimes at the end

while true
do
wget -c --no-check-certificate -i url.txt && break
echo "Restarting wget"
sleep 2
done
-------

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX