Hostname v buster

Greetings;

I just updated a pi3 to buster, presumeably rc2.

But I used RealtimePi to install a 4.19.50-rt-v7 kernel into the image.

That conversion insists the hostname is realtimepi.  In stretch I could
fix it to the name I'm used to by setting hostname, then sudo chattr +i
hostname, and it would stick over a reboot, but not in buster, despite
the immutable bit being set, its been reset to realtimepi after a
reboot, this despite an lsattr still showing the i bit is still set!

So that I need help with, and since my network is static, avahi is
screwing with my routes, and that disables my dns lookups outside of my
local network because it issues a ping to an outside address from
the .local address in the 169/24 block.

So I've got to nuke whatever is sourceing the 169 junk to the ifup
command.

Help please & many thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)