Re: screen update rate on a pi3b+ running stretch?

It's possibly easiest to hack whatever's driving it and stick in a
counter that increments every frame and check 100 or so of them
against the output of gettimeofday() or clock_gettime().  That's the
way I've always done it, which was maybe twice.

xrandr, xdpyinfo, fbset don't do it.  You can try tvservice -s but I
think vertical refresh rate isn't what you're looking for exactly.

upstairs# tvservice -s
state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (16) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

That 60.00Hz doesn't change I think since the monitor depends on it.
And if it's double-buffered good luck, you really need how often the
first buffer fills up.  Drawing usually happens into an offscreen
buffer then they get swapped, which could mean a pointer points to a
different place.

On 6/25/19, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> So, do we have a utility that can measure the frame rate achieved, for a
> full screen 1920x1080 32 bit display?
>
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Cities are cages built to contain excess people and keep them from
cluttering up nature.
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach