Re: hidden help in make

unzip is much faster than mc on big files.  mc is just convenient for
small stuff.
  unzip file
or see the man page

On 6/21/19, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> On Friday 21 June 2019 10:29:20 Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>> Which makes it easier to build/install an rt kernel, BUT
>>
>> now I need to define for an rpi 3b, LOADADDR, as applied to building a
>> uImage.
>>
>> Where can I find this info for an r-pi-3b?
>
> Seems I found that, but without any further real progress, it needs a
> copy of mkimage which is part of raspberrypi-tools according to google,
> get it from github, its not in the repos by any recognizable name.
> Found the zip, 300+ megabytes, and now mc has cracked the zip and it is
> copying 907 megabytes worth of stuff to the 120GB ssd on the pi as build
> scratchpad over my local network, with an estimated completion time of
> about 13.5 HOURS, but thats growing by nominally 30 secs everytime mc
> updates its progress.  Then I expect I have to process it with
> dpkg-buildpackage, probably at least another DAY to generate and install
> the deb.
>
> All because I need whats likely less than a megabyte of executable code
> thats in there somewhere. Seems to me that binary ought to be included
> in build-essential...  Sigh.....
>
> Several hours Later, 40% copied, 4 hrs 31 minutes to go. Dinner is in the
> oven and my last load of laundry is in the washer.
>
>> Thanks anybody.
>>
>> Cheers, Gene Heskett
>

> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
>  - Louis D. Brandeis

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Cities are cages built to contain excess people and keep them from
cluttering up nature.
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach