Re: How to activate wi-fi on Cubox-i4Pro armhf

> On Mar 17, 2019, at 9:06 AM, Christopher Barry <cbarry@symbiaudix.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:37:21 -0700
> Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody know the magic for getting the wifi on a Cubox-i4Pro to
>> work?
>>
>> I tried installing the “non-free” firmware package for it
>> (firmware-brcm80211) but I get this message at boot time on the
>> console:
>>
>>> [   21.050008] brcmfmac mmc0:0001:1: firmware: failed to
>>> loadbrcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt (-2) [   22.067483] brcmfmac:
>>> brcmf_sdio_htclk: HT Avail timeout (1000000): clkctl 0x50
>>
>> I’ve searched for a file by the name of
>>   brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt
>> and all I can find is
>>   /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4330-sdio.bin
>>
>> Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
>>
>> Thanks for any help!
>> Rick
>

> Maybe this can be of help:
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/328001/trouble-activating-the-sdio-broadcom-bcm43430-wifi-chip-on-linux-4-8-0#411293

Hi Christopher.  Thanks for the reply.

That link leads to another link which has lots of Broadcom files, but none that end in “.txt”
It also warns that there are multiple versions of the chip and the “.txt” files are specific to the board as well.

The more I learn, the less I know…  Does anyone know more about the Wifi implementation on the Cubox devices?

Thanks for any help you can give!
Rick