Re: Failed to run debootstrap for armhf stretch

Does Extracting package means installing it?

I had no errors after running debootstrap , but it had some problems I
could not run apt installation despite I could use schroot to  mount
it:

(1) The apt package was not extracted in the extracted list despite it
was downloaded in /var/cache/apt/archives.

(2) The /var/lib/dpkg/status is empty despite so many packages were extracted.

(3) The libc6 is in the Extracting list, but it did not installed as
many other packages are in the Extracting list but not installed.

(4) The /etc/apt/sources.list contains one line invalid URL: deb
http://debootstrap.invalid/ stretch main, I fixed it by changing to
deb [arch=armhf] http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch main.

(5) I am able to use schroot to mount to he armhf stretch, but in the
schroot armhf stretch, I ran the command "mount" that shown the same
mount information in the host, is it normal?

(6) Without the apt installed, I could not download dependencies. I
tried dpkg installation, but it cannot install apt package, it had
dependency errors

# dpkg -i apt_1.4.8_armhf.deb
Selecting previously unselected package apt.
(Reading database ... 0 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack apt_1.4.8_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking apt (1.4.8) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of apt:
 apt depends on adduser; however:
  Package adduser is not installed.
 apt depends on gpgv | gpgv2 | gpgv1; however:
  Package gpgv is not installed.
  Package gpgv2 is not installed.
  Package gpgv1 is not installed.
 apt depends on debian-archive-keyring; however:
  Package debian-archive-keyring is not installed.
 apt depends on init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~); however:
  Package init-system-helpers is not installed.
 apt depends on libapt-pkg5.0 (>= 1.3~rc2); however:
  Package libapt-pkg5.0 is not installed.
 apt depends on libc6 (>= 2.15); however:
  Package libc6 is not installed.
 apt depends on libgcc1 (>= 1:3.5); however:
  Package libgcc1 is not installed.
 apt depends on libstdc++6 (>= 5.2); however:
  Package libstdc++6 is not installed.

I: Retrieving apt 1.4.8
I: Validating apt 1.4.8
I: Chosen extractor for .deb packages: dpkg-deb
I: Extracting libacl1...
I: Extracting libattr1...
I: Extracting libaudit-common...
I: Extracting libaudit1...