Re: "external abort on linefetch (0x814)" on Kirkwood 6282 SoC

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 06:50:16AM +0100, Jonathan Medhurst wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-05-28 at 18:00 +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > Hi Rob
> >
> > Since my QNAP only has 512M, there is not too much experimentation i
> > can do.
> >
> > Could you try changing "Memory split" to "3G/1G user/kernel split (for
> > full 1G low memory)".
>
> Don't you mean change it to 2G/2G? That's what would be needed to let
> the kernel map the whole 1GB of physical RAM in it's address region and
> so not need the high memory mechanism.

Hi Jonathan

The comment says:

        config VMSPLIT_3G_OPT
                depends on !ARM_LPAE
                bool "3G/1G user/kernel split (for full 1G low memory)"

So i'm thinking that means it should support up to 1G of RAM using
this split. It puts the split at 0xB0000000, so it is more like
2.75G/1.25G.

2G/2G would also work, but that is a bigger change. And i don't know
how many devices are being supported by this one kernel. It should be
possible to build one kernel which runs on all ARM v5 machines, not
just Marvell ARM v5 machines. This is the sort of change which will
affect them all. So i wanted to keep the change as small as possible.

       Andrew