Re: Anybody here know what a rock64 is?

Hi,

Le 22/04/2018 à 16:05, Gene Heskett a écrit :
On Sunday 22 April 2018 00:46:42 Chris Moore wrote:

I hope I haven't misled you into bricking your Rock64 :(
(Luckily unbricking should be fairly easy.)

Unbricking it is as easy as plugging in another u-sd card. I just tried 5
of them, with unknown images on them, one won't even try to boot, 4 of
them can't get to a x login now. The one that won't even try to boot
probably has an rpi image on it.

Sorry, I hadn't realised that you were running from a micro-SD card.

I have found that running with the rootfs on a micro-SD card soon corrupts it and it will no longer boot. I *suspect* that it is due to the frequent writes and that the driver or the DT has incorrect write timings or some other bug.
I therefore always run with the rootfs on a USB stick now.

But again this is with Ayufan's Ubuntu Xenial on a Scishion V88 Piano.
However I am pretty sure that Ayufan uses the same kernel and DT for Xenial and Stretch. I also guess that the micro-SD slot circuitry is identical to that of the Rock64.

Cheers,
Chris