Re: Anybody here know what a rock64 is?

So, you can't just bring up raspi-config?  It's just a script anyway.
The locale section:

do_change_locale() {
  if [ "$INTERACTIVE" = True ]; then
    dpkg-reconfigure locales
  else
    local LOCALE="$1"
    if ! LOCALE_LINE="$(grep "^$LOCALE " /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED)"; then
      return 1
    fi
    local ENCODING="$(echo $LOCALE_LINE | cut -f2 -d " ")"
    echo "$LOCALE $ENCODING" > /etc/locale.gen
    sed -i "s/^\s*LANG=\S*/LANG=$LOCALE/" /etc/default/locale
    dpkg-reconfigure -f noninteractive locales
  fi
}

locale is a command and a man page on its own but I think it just
reads.  On this pi at the moment it says

LANG=en_US
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="en_US"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
LC_TIME="en_US"
LC_COLLATE="en_US"
LC_MONETARY="en_US"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
LC_PAPER="en_US"
LC_NAME="en_US"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US"
LC_ALL=

dpkg-reconfigure locales is the way to fix it under Debian probably,
files live in /usr/share/i18n/locales

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX