Re: screen snapshot utility needed on an r-pi 3b running jessie

On Monday 02 January 2017 02:13:17 Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings folks, new to the list, with 2 problems.
>
> 1. Need a snapshot utility like this x86 wheezy install has. What it
> its name if it exists. Using LXDE if that's important.

The name will likely contain snapshot, I think mine is ksnapshot? No, its
not on the jessie install, locate is only finding systemd.snapshot,
which isn't a screen snapshotter, its a systemd snapshotter

> 2. Whats the magic recipe to enable AIGLX rendering on the r-pi 3b's?

No such critter exists AFAIK. I'm getting an update rate in the 7 frames
a second rate using the framebuffer on that jessie based install, with
hdmi drive output at 1920x1024. So the backplot is often just noticeably
behind the machine. You tend to get used to it.  But don't forget its
not running a debian kernel, and what its running is pinned.

Its running kernel 4.4.4-rt9-v7+ #7 SMP PREEMPT RT, custom built for
close to realtime on armhf hardware. Works ok where there is hardware
step generation, and a mesa 7i90HD can supply 8 axis's worth of step
generators. That depends on the firmware installed on the 7i90HD and the
user can update it. It talks to this card using SPI, writing at 41
megabaud, and reading back the status at 25 megabaud. 32 bit packets per
transmission either direction. Needless to say, that SPI cable is very
short, nominally 1 inch.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)