Re: Bootstrapping an Olimex A64-OLinuXino

On Tuesday, 13.03.2018 at 14:19, Joonas Kylmälä wrote:
> Martin Lucina:
> > U-boot seems fine -- it's once I start the kernel that things start to go
> > wrong. Just tried a mainline 4.16-rc5, and I get the same kernel BUG fairly
> > early during boot (though no immediate panic).
>
> Sometimes the bootloader can put the hardware in a state in which the
> Linux kernel panics.

And indeed, this looks like it was the culprit. I noticed that U-boot
2018.03 had been released as of a few hours ago, built that version and
with (at least) mainline 4.16-rc5 the board appears to be stable (has
sucessfully run a debootstrap --second-stage with no more BUG or panics).

Thanks!

-mato