Support for Linkstation Pro Duo V3

Hi,

I got old Linkstation and HW version seems to be different than lswtgl. Model is Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo V3. Buffalo itself do not separate those models, but this sw version starts with number 3.xx and normal model is 1.xx. V3 has two usb connectors on back side.

Support for this models needs new devicetree and I have done it somehow ready. Only issue is that marvell 88f5182-pincontrol driver is broken for gpiopins 20-25. Some of v3 functions use those pins. 19-25 pins are readable for input, but driver refuses direction control. By datasheets 20-25 pins has different way to control directions. This is explained on ftp://ftp.embeddedarm.com/ts-arm-sbc/ts-7800-linux/docs/MV88F5182-opensource-manual.pdf page 387. Now most critical issue is that second usb power control is not working and back side slide switch is not readable on "auto" position. The switch use gpio22. USB port 2 power function I have not able to locate yet due driver issues. I can not get pins 20-25 to output mode..

But most of needed functions are below 20, so I have partially working dts file for lswtgl v3. What is prober way to deliver this on Debian? I would like to get this v3 model also supported directly, now I have to import devicetree manually after kernel update.

Original lswtgl dts has some typos, one critical is on regulator control. Typo affects to hdd and usb powers. Hdd power is luckily correct by uboot, but usb power stays dead. There is "gpios" in place where correct is "gpio". Same bug at least on kuro.

So how to preceed? Partial working devicetree file needs probably diff, but against what? How to get gpio-driver fixed for 20-25 pins?

Yep, I know, this device is rare. To get it up and running, it needed full re-capping the power supply. So there is no probably many working sisters for this device. But it runs OpenMediaVault 4.1 with ~20MB/s trasfer speeds!

--
Vesa Saastamoinen