Re: Failed to run debootstrap for armhf stretch

Thanks Paul, but I did have a command debootstrap --arch=armhf stretch posted on the previous message, or did you mean something else I could be missing? I was running debootstrap on Ubuntu 18 amd64 laptop which could be what you refer to. Anyway, the same command I was running for armhf jessie before on the same laptop and and same OS distribution, that was no problem at all, just wandering why I could create armhf jessie but could not create for armhf stretch without using --foreign and --second-stage? Also, I've already installed qemu-user-static on Ubuntu laptop as well.

Thank you.

On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 10:06 PM Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 6:52 PM jupiter wrote:

> Appreciate any tips what was wrong?

You didn't mention which arch you are running these commands on but I
guess that you are running them on amd64, which usually cannot run ARM
programs. There are two options to solve this; running the package
postinst scripts on first boot on an ARM device (debootstrap --foreign
on amd64 and debootstrap --second-stage on armhf) or using emulating
the ARM instructions on amd64 (use qemu-debootstrap from
qemu-user-static).

--
bye,
pabs