Re: Firefox-esr crashed on ARMHF

Am 17.10.18 um 13:44 schrieb Marc:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 12:51:02PM +0200, Robert Wilkinson wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 06:28:28PM -0700, Vasant K wrote:
>
>>> The latest Firefox-esr 60.2.2 crashed on my ARMHF  Debian stretch.
>>
>> Once or consistently?
>>
>>> The last working version was 52.9. Has anyone else seen this crash.
>>
>> Any details to help?
>
> See my message to this list on 9/12 2018 08:15:13 +0200, and my
> similar message in bug #908396.

There is also #909498, explicitly for armhf.

> Unable to find any pointers about this problem for several weeks,
> with lots of hints by Mozilla that they're unwilling to support
> anything but x86-64, and without any supported browser left (Chromium
> just segfaulted, and the rest is explicitly unsupported in Debian),
> I actually switched back to amd64 because of this.
>
> I've still got my old system around.  If I can think of my old
> password, I'll give the current firefox-esr package a whirl tonight.
> (I left at 60.2.0.)

I pulled 60.2.2esr-1 (and its dependencies) from unstable and it runs
stably since a few weeks (actually initially 60.2.1esr-1).

I also tried just upgrading the dependencies to the versions required by
60.2.2esr-1 from unstable and keeping 60.2.2esr-1~deb9u1 from stable,
but with that FF kept crashing.

What I find confusing: The changelogs of firefox-esr for stable and
unstable essentially contain the same items (since v52), but the one
reproducibly crashes, and the other reproducibly works. Given that I've
tried them in the same environment (versions of dependencies, kernel,
shell environment), they must be essentially different, or am I wrong?

Regards,
ibu