Enable flexcan kernel module

Hello,

This is my first interaction with the Debian community - I hope
this would be the correct list for such a message.

I'm working with NXP i.MX6 boards quite a lot and they do already
have good mainline support. I've been using a Debian on them
occasionally for some time now (rootfs crafted via debootstrap).
Recently I needed to use the CAN interface on the board, but it seems
that the driver I need (flexcan) is not available.

Is there any particular reason behind this? Can this driver be enabled
in future releases? I can see that the other CAN drivers are (for example
the CONFIG_CAN_SUN4I=m). That would save the many i.MX6 board
users the necessity to compile own kernel for Debian.

Thanks,

--
Maciej Pijanowski
Embedded Systems Engineer