Is anyone running buster/sid on armel? if so does current udev work?

It has recently been discovered in raspbian ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/raspbian/+bug/1793415 ) that udev doesn't start if built with gcc 8 due to what appears to be a hardening related failure. As a result I have just forced the systemd source package (which builds udev) in raspbian to build with gcc-7.

This issue does not appear to affect Debian armhf.

Which leaves me wondering about armel, has anyone tried udev 239-8 or 239-9 on armel? if so did it work?