Re: missing gw in route -n

Or, alternatively: Set up systemd-networkd and systemd-resolved and don't
waste endless amounts of time and energy to get this mess fixed which is
bash-script-based network initialization.

..which is something that those of us who are investing significant resources into complex routing and firewalling intend- for the moment at least- to stick with, to the extent of migrating to a different distro if necessary.

If- as you appear to be saying- Debian is knowingly shipping stuff in a broken state then my only response can be that we've got enough problems of our own without trying to fix yours.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk