Re: missing gw in route -n

Hello,

Gene Heskett schrieb am 12. Jul um 10:07 Uhr:

> > > auto eth0
> > > allow-hotplug eth0
> > > iface eth0 inet static
> > > address 192.168.71.2
> > > netmask 255.255.255.0
> > > gateway 192.168.71.1
> > > dns-nameserver 192.168.71.1

> I've even changed the eth0 devices address, but once I have the hosts
> file matching, and logged back in, no route is assigned.

so

any dhcp server in the neighborhood?

pls check syntax again in interfaces and interfaces.d/*

can you ping the gateway?

remove allow-hotplug eth0 directive

check route with: ip route

see what happens when you do ifdown -a and ifup -a

hth
Christian

--
***   Christian Knoke  *  25541 Brunsbüttel  *  http://cknoke.de   ***