Re: Arch qualification for buster: call for DSA, Security, toolchain concernsj

Hello,

In this report Julien Cristau wrote:

> In short, the hardware (development boards) we're currently using to
> build armel and armhf packages aren't up to our standards, and we
> really, really want them to go away when stretch goes EOL (expected in
> 2020).  We urge arm porters to find a way to build armhf packages in
> VMs or chroots on server-class arm64 hardware.

If the concerns are mostly about the hardware not being rackable, there
is a rackable NAS by Netgear:

	https://www.netgear.com/business/products/storage/readynas/RN2120.aspx#tab-techspecs

with an armhf cpu. Not sure if cpu speed (1.2 GHz) and available RAM (2
GiB) are good enough. The machine can run mainline Linux[1]. I think
U-Boot doesn't support this machine in mainline though.

Apart from that the people in #debian-arm (e.g. Sledge) seem to be
positive that at least armhf should be fine to be built on arm64
hardware.

Best regards
Uwe

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-xp-netgear-rn2120.dts