Re: causes for this?

On 2018-06-24 at 10:13:06 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Next roadblock, make pdfdocs can't find sphinx, 1.3 or better. And apt
> > can't find it either...  Sigh.
> >
> > I guess I go out and see if synaptic can show me anything on its own
> > screen. This is a jessie based install. But with a pinned realtime
> > kernel a few versions lower than what I'm attempting to build. 4.4.4
> > something.
>
> Synaptic did find it, but its version 1.2.3, too early for this >1.3
> demanding makefile.

I see that in debian (not raspbian) there is a backport for sphinx into
jessie-backports:

https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/python3-sphinx
https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/sphinx-common

it's arch=all, so it should work without issues on the raspberry, but
I didn't check the dependencies.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''