Re: arm64 aka rock64, x fails on stretch

Don't know anything about that but on a Pi at least configuration
files that get replaced in upgrades end up in ~/oldconffiles

And I just got Valgrind working on a pi by building from source, never
seen it work before.  Source later than about June 2017 handles Linux
ARM better.  http://www.valgrind.org

Do you have a video driver to suit your video output that X gets along
with?  If you have a VNC server on there, is that normal?  That sort
of does a mockup of X on a screen, but has its own drivers.

And try apropos drm about the first error.  That's Direct Rendering
Manager.  Also there's an error drmSetMaster failed: Invalid argument
that's related.  Seems like you should have a VESA driver or something
as a backup.  I think a different kernel config might knock that out.
I had a devil of a time with my hp which is nvidia.

On 4/24/18, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> But its ayufan's latest kernel,
>
> It makes it, after pressing enter, to a black screen with a blinking
> underline curser, but doesn't start x. Both task xfce4 and just now,
> LDXE have been installed.
>
> The Xorg.0.log says no screens found. Monitor's native is 1366x768,
> and at one point a week back it was running, poorly, fuzzy etc at
> 1200xsomething.
>
> From the most recent reboot after installing LXDE, Xorg.0.log says:
>
> [   114.820] EGL_MESA_drm_image required.
> [   114.821] (EE) modeset(G0): glamor initialization failed
>
> [...]
>
> [   115.034] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
> [   115.034] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
> [   115.034] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
> [   115.034] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
> [   115.034]    compiled for 1.19.2, module version = 1.0.0
> [   115.034]    ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
> [   115.035] (--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
> [   115.035] (EE) modeset(G0): drmSetMaster failed: Invalid argument
> [   115.035] (EE)
> Fatal server error:
> [   115.035] (EE) AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for gpu driver 0 -1
> [   115.035] (EE)
> [   115.035] (EE)
>
> Any more ideas?
>
> Thanks all.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX
Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach  Impeach