Re: Anybody here know what a rock64 is?

On Friday 20 April 2018 06:23:44 Punit Agrawal wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 3:29 AM, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > I just did an update on it, running stretch, 70 files updated, and
> > now the locale is trashed.
> >
> > Running xfce for an x11 gui, and the desktop clock/calendar, while
> > using an EN_US-UTF8 font, is not in english, making orage a bit
> > useless.
> >
> > Ideas how to fix it when there apparently is not an update.locale
> > file to be found.
>
> For my locale related trouble, I normally run "sudo dpkg-reconfigure
> locales".
>
> That's the extent of locale related knowledge. :)

Mine too, but this is all I can get out of that command, after space bar
selecting, then tabing to ok twice.:

rock64@rock64:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
[sudo] password for rock64:
locales-all installed, skipping locales generation

Regardless of what I select.
Sigh. I wish I had never heard of this rock64 board. And if I could get
my money back, I'd mail them back in a heartbeat. As is, the best I can
is claim that with the level of support I've seen since delivery of
these rock64's over 6 months ago, its a POS, save your money. The latest
upgrade has rendered it useless to do any actual work.

But I'll keep looking, there has to be something out there that doesn't
throwaway 10% of the local keyboard and mouse events like the @$%* pi's
do. Once you get your code into storage, it runs well considering its
speed, but serious editing sessions are much easier to do externally,
then send it back to the pi useing sshfs.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)