Re: armel/marvell kernel size

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 5:47 PM, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 2018-04-07 at 23:38 +0900, Roger Shimizu wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 11:16 PM, Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Dear kernel folks,
>> >
>> > After all kinda tests recently, together with the patch from Leigh
>> > Brown (CC-ed) that disabled VT, finally the armel/marvell can be
>> > reduced under 2MB again, without introducing a new flavour.
>>
>> Sorry, I forgot to mention the post that Leigh Brown provided the patch:
>> - https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2018/03/msg00223.html
>>
>> And the patch, reducing armel image size under 2MB, and pushed to
>> master branch is:
>> - https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/commit/a4fdfa09
>
> Well done!

Dear Ben,

Unfortunately, armel FTBFS on buildd due to udeb [0][1].

[0] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=linux&suite=experimental
[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=linux&arch=armel&ver=4.16-1~exp1&stamp=1523350611

Neither the cross build wiki entry [2], nor the kernel handbook [3]
mentions how to build udeb.
So could you kindly tell me how to confirm the udeb build?

[2] https://wiki.debian.org/HowToCrossBuildAnOfficialDebianKernelPackage
[3] https://kernel-handbook.debian.net

BTW. I think the udeb breaks because I removed RD_BZIP2 and RD_LZMA.
So if you know how to fix the config under debian/installer, please
kindly help to do.
I don't have enough knowledge to touch stuff under that directory. Thank you!

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1