Re: Bug#876840: fseeko() on reference file: Invalid argument (Was: Bug#876840: staden-io-lib FTBFS on non-i386 32bit: FAIL: java)
- To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bug#876840: fseeko() on reference file: Invalid argument (Was: Bug#876840: staden-io-lib FTBFS on non-i386 32bit: FAIL: java)
- From: Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 16:28:40 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20171207144036.GS11623@sanger.ac.uk>
- References: <150641811896.17283.1679524243799277217.reportbug@localhost> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20170928091150.GD17277@sanger.ac.uk> <150641811896.17283.1679524243799277217.reportbug@localhost> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20171207144036.GS11623@sanger.ac.uk>
On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 02:40:36PM +0000, James Bonfield wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 08:02:18AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > this is a kind ping since as I wrote below the issue seems not be solved.
> I'm not sure I can easily debug this as it only fails on systems I
> have no access to; it's like trying to debug your grandmother's
> windows desktop over the phone...
> I'm still convinced it's something to do with large file support not
> working correctly, likely with off_t being the wrong size. Especially
> given the 64-bit mips build works while the 32-bit one does not. I
> assume everything else about these architectures are the same.
> We don't have any 32-bit build systems any more though.
> > > > Does adding that fix the fseeko call to start working again?
> > >
> > > Unfortunately not - see here the build logs:
> > >
> > > https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=staden-io-lib
> James Bonfield (email@example.com) | Hora aderat briligi. Nunc et Slythia Tova
I'm just forwarding this to debian-arm and debian-mips. I see no other
chance to deal with this bug rather than removing these architectures
from the architectures field.
Do you have any better suggestion?