Re: Anyone using stretch/buster/sid on ARMv4t ?

On Tue, Nov 07, 2017 at 11:08:39AM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:

> That's not clear to me at all.  Keeping armel on life support for 2 more
> years is a significant drain on DSA and our hosters,

What kind of significant drain exactly?

AFAIK so far noone has stated that it would be safe to build stretch
armhf security updates on arm64 hardware, so in the likely event of
stretch LTS support for armhf DSA and hosters are already kinda
committed to maintain some of the current (or comparable) armv7
builders in 2 different locations until mid-2022.

Non-LTS support for buster will also end in mid-2022,
so if buildds (and likely porterbox) are still required
for armhf then armel hw needs are already covered.

> Cheers,
> Julien

cu
Adrian