Re: kodi with framebuffer on cubox-i

Quoting Rainer Dorsch (2017-10-04 22:38:58)
> On Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2017 10:34:00 CEST Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> [...]
> > Correction: Debian Kodi is built with --enable-gles on
> > armel/armhf/arm64.
>
> Good news :-)
>
>> I have no experience (yet) running Kodi on arm (be it framebuffer or
>> X11), but am quite interested in our official package best possible
>> covering the needs of our users: In case you (or others following
>> along here) figure out some build configuration tuing needed then
>> please do not hesitate to file wishlist bugreports :-)
>
> I am not yet there...
>
>> Heck, even if you have only vague dreams like "awww, please get Kodi
>> to work from framebuffer on Vivante-based armhf devices" you might
>> also file a (wishlist!) bugreport about that, to have a well-defined
>> place to collect the details until substantial enough act on it.
>
> Is there any information which is useful for you which should be
> appended to the bugreport?

Don't think of me as the recipient: Think of it as a way to create an
interest group around a narrow, actionable topic.

You raised this as a cross-post on two mailinglists somewhat related to
your topic.  Those are good places to seek help, I just imagine it might
be even better if then the detailed discussion happening elsewhere only
among those really interested in that detailed topic (myself included) -
and I offer a way to do that by use of a wishlist bugreport with the
kodi package.

What I imagine is useful is your clues for the puzzle.  And a link to
the wiki page you might have created for tracking facts about the
puzzle.

Ideally, cross-posts to multiple lists come with an explicit invitation
to which *single* place to follow up.

 - Jonas