Re: kodi with framebuffer on cubox-i

Hi Paul,

many thanks for your response.

On Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2017 11:33:25 CEST Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 1:33 AM, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> > I experimented with kodi on the cubox-i without proprietary extensions.
>
> Since the CuBox i* series of devices use Vivante GPUs and there are
> reverse engineered libre drivers called etnaviv for these GPUs, you
> should be able to get graphics using solely Debian main and no
> proprietary extensions. I note the etnaviv support for libdrm is in
> Debian buster and later and the etnaviv support for mesa is in Debian
> sid and later. If you would like this on Debian stretch or earlier you
> would have to backport Linux, mesa, libdrm and possibly some other
> things.
>
> https://www.solid-run.com/freescale-imx6-family/cubox-i/cubox-i-specificatio
> ns/ https://github.com/etnaviv
> https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=etnaviv
> https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=sid&mode=filename&searchon=contents
> &keywords=etnaviv

I forgot to mention that I am running buster, I have not noticed that I need
mesa from sid though. Will try that later.

It seems for kodi also a recent ffmpeg is needed, commit from 10 days ago:

http://forum.solid-run.com/viewtopic.php?t=363&p=22466#p22466

Since ffmpeg 3.3.4 in sid and buster, we need to wait for a new release here
as well.

But getting X up and running would be a worthwhile intermediate goal :-)

Rainer

--
Rainer Dorsch
http://bokomoko.de/