Re: need sd card backup on r-pi-3b

On 23/09/17 20:00, Gene Heskett wrote:

So my local network is working as expected.  BUT:
root@rock64:/etc# ping -c1 yahoo.com
PING yahoo.com (98.138.253.109) 56(84) bytes of data.
 From 192.168.71.2 (192.168.71.2) icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

Note that the dns request did resolve.

But my dns requests are probably being answered by dnsmasq in the router.
I cannot find anything in the routers copious settings (it's DD-WRT)
that would prevent a connection, but it refuses to pass. I've tried
several ipv4 addresses in that 192,168.nn block. No other machines, 5
more, on this local net are being denied network access.

Ideas? I'm nearly out of hair. But its been slowly thinning for 82+ years
too so I can't blame it on this too loudly.

I've only run Stretch briefly so far, in the context of trying to find out whether USB boot worked (patchy, but might have been a power issue).

I'd suggest checking using traceroute -I and then looking at route -n and/or ip route ls which should give you a bit more of an indication of what's going on. IME this sort of thing is usually because the router isn't NATting the entire 192.168.x.x range.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk