Re: Summary of the Arm ports BoF at DC17

> But it did remind me that on some platforms writing "2" to
> /proc/sys/abi/cp15_barrier will enable hw support for these
> instructions, since some platforms do support them even thought they
> are deprecated. It's certainly worth investigating what your hardware
> supports.

Not necessarily disagreeing with the content of that but the
terminology seems wrong: I don't have a reference to hand but I'm
fairly sure that hardware is *required* to support a "deprecated"
instruction. "Deprecated" usually means something like: unless you
know what you're doing you probably shouldn't use this feature because
it might perform badly and it might not be available in a future
version (of the Arm architecture in this case).