Re: QNAP TS-419P Stretch ATA errors

Hi Rob,
Yeah you are correct, on jessie it is running a kirkwood kernel, but the issue arises with the -marvell one from stretch.  Still I believe it has the same 6281 chipset as your TS-219.

-John

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 7:14 AM, Rob J. Epping <f2985a762f2ea45f9f1ce1339ad4318b@renf.us> wrote:
Hi John,

On April 19, 2017 7:47:49 PM GMT+02:00, John Horan <knasher@gmail.com> wrote:
>I upgraded my storage to stretch the other day, and the device started
>freezing.  So I hooked up a serial console and saw the lots of ata
>errors

[snip errors]

>I'm going to try going back to jessie, to see if its a hardware issue.
>Has
>anyone seen something similar on kirkwood devices?

This is with a -marvell kernel I suspect. What kind of SoC is in this devive?

I have had kernel stability issues running backported -marvell kernels on my TS-221 (6282 SoC, 1GB RAM).
Backported -kirkwood kernels would not have an issue.
The same -marvell kernel would run fine on a TS-219 (6281 SoC, 512 MB RAM). This device even runs great with a fresh install of stretch.

This was tested October 23rd and reported to this list back then.

A bit later the disk in the TS-219 died.
Will try and swap the new stretch disks to the TS-221 this weekend.

--
Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse my brevity.