Re: armhf current clock speed? big secret, very high vacuum

On Saturday 08 April 2017 09:20:07 Paul Wise wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 8:58 PM, Gene Heskett  wrote:
> > So how do we find out how fast its running?
>
> $ lscpu
> Architecture:          armv7l
> Byte Order:            Little Endian
> CPU(s):                2
> On-line CPU(s) list:   0,1
> Thread(s) per core:    1
> Core(s) per socket:    2
> Socket(s):             1
> Model name:            ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
> CPU max MHz:           1600.0000
> CPU min MHz:           800.0000

This does not tell us hw fast its running now.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lscpu
Architecture:          armv7l
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                4
On-line CPU(s) list:   0-3
Thread(s) per core:    1
Core(s) per socket:    4
Socket(s):             1
Model name:            ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
CPU max MHz:           1200.0000
CPU min MHz:           600.0000

There is a line in config.txt that can be uncommented to "overclock it to
800 MHz" from the default of 700 MHz.

Is that the only control we have? And how much faster before forced air
cooling is needed? I'm thinking 1000 might help with an spi problem. Its
not heating the stick on radiators more than 20F over ambient now.

Thank you Paul.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)