Re: flash-kernel failure during apt-get upgrade. Now what?

On Wed, 2017-03-01 at 20:32 -0800, Forest wrote:

Can't really answer the rest of your questions, but:

> Thanks so much for your help, Uwe.  Looks like I don't have to resort to
> emergency hardware replacement after all.

You should arrange for the contents of the mtd devices to be included
in your backups so that they can be used for recovery in an emergency,
in your case with a TS-119P+ I think that means following
http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-119/recovery/ (there are
other, similar, pages for other members of the TS-* family there too)

e.g. on one of my QNAP boxes (following http://www.cyrius.com/debian/ki
rkwood/qnap/ts-41x/recovery/ for this system) I have this:

    # cat /etc/cron.daily/flash
    #!/bin/sh

    cat /dev/mtdblock0 /dev/mtdblock4 /dev/mtdblock5 /dev/mtdblock1 /dev/mtdblock2 /dev/mtdblock3 | xz -z6 > /root/F_TS-419P2+.xz

And /root is part of my backup set.

Ian.